My score – 278/400
I joined DIAS for Physics classes and their test series. More than anything else, the motivation by Vajpayee Sir played an important role in me getting good marks in Physics.
- Solve all DIAS tutorials properly in UPSC like notebook – Gives you a feel of space, presentation etc
- Don’t leave any fringe topics especially those which are not in CSE syllabus- Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics, saha’s ionization, cornu’s spiral etc
- There’ll be invariably 1-2 questions from these and if you have prepared them well, they can give you an edge.
- Prepare revision notes (summary sheets – 3-4 pages for each units)
- Cant emphasize the importance of this. If you don’t have these, you’ll be overwhelmed just before the exam by the sheer size of the notes.
- For those who join DIAS
- Attend all classes
- Solve tutorials as per schedule
- Give all test on time
- Electricity and magentism
- Griffith and SP
- Garg, bansal, ghosh
- Resnick and Eisberg
- Atomic and molecular
- Rajkumar and ban well
- Nuclear and Particle
- Solid state and digital electronics
- Puri and babbar
Please remember that this is a test of your perseverance and balanced approach and not of your smartness.