What does the syllabus say – General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of a nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study
- 3 hour exam
- 6 questions with 5-7 sub parts
How to prepare?
- Focus on S&T
- This year there were questions ranging from heliocentric orbit to genome editing to utility of friction
- Focus on Ancient and Medieval history – at least you should have a rough chronology in mind
- IFoS GK paper at times had questions related to Ashoka in past years
- CSE mains prep for GS will suffice for the rest
During the exam
- Leave the questions which you don’t know anything about -There will be definitely 2-3 questions like those
- Draw diagrams wherever possible especially in S&T question
Date – 02/03/2017, Afternoon session
Board – P K Joshi Sir
M1 – Chairman
- Tell me about your work expereince. How was it?
- Tell me about solar policy of India
- How much land does it take to setup 1MW solar plant?
- Where is the largest solar plant in India?
M2 – Lady member
- Why people/students don’t take risk? Is it changing? Why? How?
- Compare startup ecosystem from 2012 to 2017
- What new policies government has announced?
- Have you cleared CSE?
- You do photography? What Kind? Why not wildlife? What equipment you would need to do wildlife photography?
- Tell me about vegetations of …… tiger reserve.
- Tell me about corridors of ….. tiger reserve.
- What tribes exist in….. tiger reserve
- Why do we need corridors?
- What dishes do you like to cook?
- What species do we get from forest?
- What medicinal plants do we get from forest?
- How can finance industry help in forest conservation
- How can finance industry help SHG of tribals?
- How should CAMPA fund be used?
- What is cultural ecology?
- What do you like in Astronomy?
- What is difference between Astronomy and Astrology?
- Do you believe in Astrology?
- Where do we find Very dense forest in Rajasthan? What is total area of very dense forest?
- Tell me about vegetation and fauna of dessert national park
- How do we know that a certain place had forest before?
- Where do we find coal?
- What is species?
Interview lasted about 20-25 mins. I was third one to go. Board was extremely cordial. I couldn’t answer few questions related to forestry.
I got 201/300.