I have heavily used online resources for my preparation. I subscribed to RSS feeds on Feedly. I use to copy whatever I found useful to my evernote. I could gather lot of anecdotes and quotes too by this way. I have given here a comprehensive list of my feeds to give you an idea. You can customise it as per your own preference. I have not read physical newspaper except for interview prep and for the first two months when I started preparing.
- Civils Daily – Usually to keep track of any news which I might have missed
- IAS baba – RSTV articles,
- Insights on India – Secure Initiative for answer writing (2015), PIB posts, Mindmaps, RSTV articles, Insights into editorials, Online Mains test series (2016&2017)
- Mrunal – One of the best websites for UPSC preparation. Engaging content. I was immensely benefited from NCERT compilation for S&T, Economics articles, Ethics articles, Toppers interview.
- xaam.in – Not a blog but a website which regularly post study material from various sources
- The Hindu – all pages
- The Hindu – Leftist and liberal point of view
- The Indian Express –
- Business Line – The Hindu – gives a more balanced and pragmatic perspective than The Hindu
- Livemint – From a economist point of view
- Business standard – Economy and Policy page
- ToI – Environment News – to keep track of any happenings which The Hindu misses out on
- CPR India – Great way to keep track of good thinkers, commentators and authors
- PRS Blog – a must or all UPSC aspirants
- The Diplomat – south asia edition – insightful articles
- Brookings India
- The Indian Express – S&T page
- Project Syndicate – A must read in my opinion to give a international perspective to your thinking. You will start looking at things in bigger picture
- PIB Feed – Just browse through it. Read President, PM, VP speeches . They are full of fodder/quotes for essays and answers
- PIB Features – For obscure topics.
Here’s the sneak peak to my feedly –
Here’s the opml file for those interested – feedly-81910bcc-c2a8-4f75-8114-90d7f52f6b69-2018-05-21 [Download the file and change the extension to .opml]